I've been out
of the use of a computer, internet access, or even an appropriate web designing program for a long while. Because of
that I was unable to update "Why? - The Peace Page" for a long time. I also had to take a small break for
a while. Reading all these tragic stories of beautiful lives lost can bring one down; I needed a break.
I'm back and I'm currently updating the site now. Due to the ammount of people I have to post in order to
catch up on the updates it's going to take a little time. I've also decided that I can't take mentally go through all
the stories needed to dedicate each week, so I'm dedicating each month. I apologize. I would really love to add
more and more, but having to see it all year, for so long, and so much, really can lead to a deep bout of depression.
I still care for all our lost friends and family and loved ones, and everyone lost will always be worth a dedication, I simply
can't take the stress of 52 times each year.
I'm keeping this set of months up (from 2004) and I will finish dedicating it weekly to finish the year but 2005 after will
be on a monthly basis.
I apologize for the tardiness and hope you do not mind. :) If anyone notices any mispellings of person's names or mistakes
in the stories or other corrections to note, please contact me via email and I will be happy to make corrections.
Thank you. The year of 2004 begins below and others will be added as their own page as I get them done - 2004 becoming it's
own page when I start dedications for 2008.
- 18, 2004: Dedicated to Adam Benjamin Clark. A young boy with Cornelia de Lange Syndrome receives such a beating that
an Olympic level athelete couldn't live through it. He was with his mother and her boyfriend; only those two know how
he died but not enough information for justice to come.
- 11, 2004: Dedicated to Dominic Williams. A 16 year old young man is murdered and dumped in a trash can.
Before the young man died by strangulation, he was severely beaten with a pipe. Why? The man arrested for the
murder was a registered sex offender. What pleasure could he have received? Sad. Very sad.
- June 4, 2004 Dedicated to an unknown man who was found beheaded (it's still missing) and dismembered in the Missouri river. Police
have no idea who the man is or why he was killed. Why?
- 28, 2004: Dedicated to many people such as Ben Bresac, Donna Collins, & Julia McNeil and many religious groups.
These people have experienced torture, sexual harrasement, brain washing from supposed religious groups. They were brought
up that this was the way to spiritul enlightenment, and yet as children while they were growing up, were mentally, emotionally,
and sexually abuse. The worse part is who is hurt more, these children, or the religious orders who find out someone
amongst them hasn't been following their tenants. Pray for children and adults who've gone through these actions, but
also pray for those religious groups for not all of them are out to destroy people, but they've had their name destroyed by
- 21, 2004: Dedicated to an annoymous boy from Italy
and fellow young men. This is a case exactly like the young men from Romania.
The reason this boy is singled out? His own father was his pimp. This poor boy's own father had him walking the
street, handled the business transaction, talked his son up as a fine piece of meat! I understand in some countries
the economy can be very poor, but to sell own's one son? Children are not sexual favors. They aren't sexual anything!
May 8 -
14, 2004: Dedicated to young men in Romania.
These young men, some as young as eleven, are being used as pedophile prostitutes. They are made to walk the streets
at night, advertised on the web for service and sale, by sex trafficers, or pimps. These pimps usually
degrade them, beat them and make the young boys so horribly depressed that any money they earn or are given they've begun
to use to buy solvants with which to get high. If you can help, do something. Help show these boys their free
lives, education, and bright futures again.
May 1 -
7, 2004: Dedicated to slaves in the United States.
Yes, you read that correctly. There is a growing trend amongst well to do African-American, Hispanic-American and other
minority classes to flasely advertise in magazines in African or East European countries for young people to come live with
them, work and earn money to also study here in America. When these people arrive, they are never paid,
not allowed to contact family back home, not allowed to step outside of the house, some must even perform sexual favors for
their masters. Horrible. If you know of someone in these conditions report it immediately.
- 30, 2004: Dedicated to babies of South Africa.
There are many babies experiencing horrible actions at the hands of desperate men. These men are kidnapping children
ages 5 and younger and raping them, in the hopes of a cure. Those men are lost in desperation and false information
that leads them to believe they will be cured of the AIDS virus if they have sex with a baby. Despite efforts of the
medical community to educate them otherwise, they are still lost from sense or hope. Do what you can to help these innocent
- 23, 2004: Dedicated to the children in Uganda.
These children are being used, some forced, into armies or guerilla bands to fight for causes that, even if worth something,
most of them don't understand or comprehend yet. They have been beaten, starved, or family members threatened in order
to make them give in and serve. Emotional, physical, and mental abuse, truely at it's worst.
- 16, 2004: Dedicated to the "Fistula" Girls of Ethiopia.
In Ethiopia, young girls are betrothed
as young as eight. As soon as they begin to show signs of puberty, they are married with sexual relations. Most
times the girls bodies can't handle both development and a pregnancy. It causes a condition known as fastula, in which
a small tear is created that causes them to leak excrement. They become unfit as a wife or a person and are forced to
be outcasts. Http://www.fistulahospital.org
Apr. 3 -
9, 2004: Dedicated to the mistreated Brides of India. It has become custom, with greed in their hearts, to misuse the
old dowry tradition for brides in India.
Men who demand an excessive amount of money, items, or property as their bride's dowry, make it nearly impossible for the
bride's family to pay. Some even if it is paid demand more. And what do they do if it is not paid? They
set their wives a flame! Most of the die, hence the name Dowry Death or Burning Brides. Barbaric, disgusting, and
wrong. Those women are the most precious things in your life gentlemen. It is a shame their laws/community
aren't doing something for them.
- Apr. 2, 2004: Dedicated to Judith Barsi. You may have heard of her. A child star
from Jaws 4, whose Father was jealous of her and her career and eventually after emotionally abusing her for years, took her
life, her mothers and then his.
- 26, 2004: Dedicated to Nick Diaz. Hopes, dreams, accomplishments of a young man cut down by
a spray of bullets in a drive by. Drive by's should only refer to Fast Food.
- 19, 2004: Dedicated to John Ridenour-Marvel. A young girl decides it's fine to play a two on two version of Russian
Roulette. She's just going to 'scare' her victim. Bang - another good soul lost to violence.
- 12, 2004: Dedicated to Cierra Carter. Somewhere, a young man, her half brother, learned that a shot gun would take
care of his problems. His solution - killing his half sister. Why? The parents didn't raise him this
way. A life struck down and his now in jail. Did this action bring the peace/ help he needed?
- Mar. 5, 2004: Dedicated to Albert Dobelstein, a victim of the Sweetheart Scam or Elder abuse. Done by people who pretend
to love but instead of filling hearts, they drain bank accounts.
- 27, 2004: Dedicate to Detroit Police Officer Jennifer Fettig.
Officers Bowens and Fettig were making what one would think was a simple stop, a pull over for a small traffic violation.
The driver apparently had much more to hide or something as his response was to shoot them both dead. Needless to say,
he's been caught and will now serve time for murdering both officers. Was it worth this exchange in place of a ticket
for a tailight or license plate tag or whatever?
- 20, 2004: Dedicated to Detroit Police Officer Matthew Bowens (To see his story check out the week above.)
- 13, 2004: Dedicated to Lena Marie Guillett, a victim of road rage. Regardless of how the traffic or time is bugging
one, a car and the traffic lanes are no place for a duel.
- Feb. 6, 2004: Dedicated to "Jimmy" Heth. A disappearacne, the unwanted discovery. A young man found murdered, and no
one knows why. why?.....
- 30, 2004: Dedicated to Jamie McComb a young man murdered for no reason by a former love of his life.
- 23, 2004: Dedicated to Nicholas Yarris. What does one do with a man that has DNA proof he is innocent.
String him up of course. Honestly, our court system sometimes. Please read his story and support.
- 16, 2004: Dedicated to Heather Turner. A south Australian girl, who was mysteriously murdered. Clues still needed.
- 9, 2004: Dedicated to Oihei. An aborted child, named by the future sibling s/he never got to know, but who loves
Oihei very very much. Abstinence, Pill, Condom, or Adoption.
2003 - Jan. 2, 2004: Dedicated to James McCoullough. A young man sitting in his car is viciously
attacked and murdered by a street gang. What was the purposed? Gang members, how much did you get out of that act?
Did you really earn enough for your lives/entertainment that it could possibly justify the taking of a life?